ACNA 2014 Raffle Car Dubsquared
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car wheezing sound / BPV's?

I'm up for a turbo swap garage day! When, where, food?
    '99.5 A4 1.8TQMS
    '06 A3 2.0T DSG

Did ya get the BPV's replaced yet?

Steve

2007 S6

S4aLL
    Yep.

Right turbo is still loud though. The BPV's were defintely toast. The car has recoverd the original loss in power that I had felt.

+S4aLL

-P-
    Did they ask you if your car was chipped?

It's a bit weird. I know of 4 people locally that had their turbos go out in the last 2 weeks.

From what I understand replacing them means you almost always have to pull the engine. That is where the big costs come in.

Most "book times" will show 18-25hrs of labor to R+R the pair of turbos on a S4. It's NOT an easy DiYs type job..

Well - when are ya gettin' the upgrades installed?

Are ya still making the 15th SMD?

Steve

2007 S6

S4aLL
    -P-, SAFE4NOW,

The turbos produce boost, so they are still fine. The right one is a bit loud. Once I replaced the BPV's, the car was producing 21 PSI of boost on APR 3.3. I have also switched to APR 5.0 which limits the boost to about 14.5 PSI without sacrificing performance. I have even switched to synthetic oil. The car has been driving very well and I am aggressive on the throttle again. I am going to abuse the K03's until they give out. At the point I will reluctanlty go stage 3.

+S4aLL

Leif
    Originally posted by S4aLL
    -P-, SAFE4NOW,

The turbos produce boost, so they are still fine. The right one is a bit loud. Once I replaced the BPV's, the car was producing 21 PSI of boost on APR 3.3. I have also switched to APR 5.0 which limits the boost to about 14.5 PSI without sacrificing performance. I have even switched to synthetic oil. The car has been driving very well and I am aggressive on the throttle again. I am going to abuse the K03's until they give out. At the point I will reluctanlty go stage 3.

+S4aLL
    Start saving now... my turbos blew two weeks after one of them got louder.